Image Optimisation in 5 Easy Steps
Images present a valuable opportunity to capture Google’s attention. Let’s face it, we need all the brownie points we can get to earn a place on Google’s first page. In terms of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), images are low hanging fruit. Block some regular time out for image optimisation, the results are worth it.
For each and every image on your website:
- Check that you have the rights to use it, if not replace it.
- Is each image relevant and purposeful, does it add value?
- Check it’s size, large images will slow your page loading speed
- Give it an appropriate title that will work hard for you
- ALT text is essential for SEO, it describes the image content for the visually impaired and for times when it cannot be viewed. Describe the image followed by information about its relevance, include relevant keywords e.g. Chart to show ROI of a content marketing strategy Content Marketing My Words Work For You