Continuing from my previous article ‘Search Engine Success – Content is King’ I am adding more essential search engine optimisation tips for success. With each new Google update, and with the ever-changing rules of the game, playing wisely is not only important, it is essential.
5 More Tips For Search Engine Optimisation
SEO is a dark art indeed. The rules are often swathed in secrecy and are ever-changing. Largely, Google is constantly striving to improve the user experience. No-one has time these days to waste on fruitless searches for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
In no particular order:
- Is your site mobile friendly? By now, most of us have made the change or started afresh. I rebuilt my own site. Check your site here if you are unsure.
- P U R E – (I love an acronym) Is your content Purposeful, Useful, Relevant and Engaging? Step back, try to look at it as a customer, ask straight-talking contacts for honest feedback.
- Build quality links – within your site and more importantly from relevant high authority sites. Give Google’s spiders every chance to discover your own particular web. Links within your site need to include links to your home page where relevant (see what I did there?).
- Play down the pop-ups! Think about the user experience. Are your pop-ups annoying? Do they get in the way? Are they irrelevant? If the answer is yes, lose them! Google doesn’t like it, neither will your customers. Pop-ups need to be useful and help the customer journey.
- Natural Content Writing – Keywords are no longer the power tool they used to be. Google’s RankBrain is an artificial Intelligence System that knows what we mean, we no longer have to ensure that we are writing the precise keywords that potential customers are likely to search for. It is far more important to write naturally so that you users have the best possible experience.
As a content writer, I feel strongly that quality content is THE most important thing to put in place. I have seen the massive difference it can make to a business, I have watched small businesses enjoy dramatically increased custom, revenue and profit as I transformed their content. If you are a small business owner, play to your strengths, ensure the content writer understands the rules of the game and can write in a way that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Get in touch if you would like to chat about your content.