Do Google Reviews Matter?
The short answer is, yes, they do. Any SEO strategy should include increasing the number of reviews and testimonials across all media, including:
- Search engines
- Social media
- On other relevant websites
How Do I Get Google Reviews?
You do need to ‘play the Google game’ with this one. Google won’t be impressed by a sudden flurry of reviews arriving or anything that looks remotely suspicious. They can ‘smell a rat’ from a country mile away. Any activity on Google needs to follow a natural pattern.
- Be fabulous at what you do
- Identify happy customers. (Note: The only people that can leave Google reviews are those with a Google/Gmail account.)
- Sporadically, contact a few at a time by asking them in person, or writing/emailing; ask how they are and is there anything that you can do to help them.
- In writing, ask if your customers would like to share how amazing you are with other customers who might benefit by knowing about you.
- Include the link to the page on Google that comes up when you search for your business name.
- Ask them to write a review
- Thank them profusely (but not in a syrupy way)
- Repeat the process at RANDOM intervals