Playing the Google Game – SEO
Google just loves to see links to your site from relevant websites with high Page Authority. If Google sees that ‘big players’ are linking to your site, it is far more likely to notice you and show your page in search results. Typically, high ranking sites include .gov .ac .edu.
How Do I Get Links To My Website?
- Think about relevant contacts: Suppliers, publications, customers, clients etc.
- Think about ways to create a valid, justifiable and relevant link from their site to yours:
- Produce a relevant and purposeful article for publication on their site
- Create an exclusive offer
- Provide a service
- Publicise an activity/news
Give Them Something They Want/Need
Pick up the phone and make contact. Speak to the decision maker and explain your plan. Be open and honest, in carrying out this action for them, you would also like to create a link to the relevant page of your site. Ask them exactly what they would need you to do, i.e. how exactly you need to produce your content for their site. Remember, you are producing something to help them, the benefit to you is that you gain a link from their website to yours.
As part of my content marketing service, I have obtained some impressive links for clients by creating purposeful, relevant and useful content. If you don’t ask, you don’t get; it IS worth the effort.