How’s Your ‘To-Do’ List?
We all have jobs that we don’t like doing. That task that keeps getting filed under ‘later’. The one that just doesn’t go away. The job that is so huge you have no idea where to begin… Sound familiar?
There will be reasons aplenty to explain why you are not doing it:
- It’s difficult
- It’s time consuming
- It’s boring
- I am a first class procrastinator
- I don’t know how
- I don’t know where to start
The list is by no means exhaustive.
How To Do Your To-Do List
Here is my very helpful little list to help you face your demons and get that task completed.
- Familiarise yourself with exactly what is required, it may not be as daunting as you fear
- Ask for help
- Break down the task into manageable chunks
- Brainstorm to get your thoughts onto paper
- Delegate to somebody with the right skill set
- Allot specific time for that task each day/week/month, and STICK TO IT
- Turn off distractions
- Set yourself a task/goal reward system (cup of tea and a biscuit after ‘X’ is complete)
Think of the smug satisfaction you can enjoy once you have finished. Go on, you’ll smash it.